Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Durango's new Tennis Shoes


Shoes or Barefoot?....Well, I've gone back and forth on this issue for months, and I've decided to give my boy a chance at being barefoot.  I've been told he has EXCELLENT feet, it's better for their circulation and frankly, I got sick of him losing shoes, and having to call the farrier (right before rides...) then wait for them...ugh!






So far, and it's been several months, he's doing great.  We went on a 2 1/2 hour ride last week, he did great.  However,....it wasn't a real rocky trail, but it did have some steep climbing etc.  
So, he is getting fitted tomorrow for these new trail boots!  I think they will be fine for all the trails in this area.  We will have to play it by ear for the trails down south.  All the people in my stables are endurance riders (50-100 miles) and they use these on their horses.


I'm looking forward to trying these out on a trail!  Has anyone used them?  These are Easyboots newest model, and the reviews are great about them staying on, no rubbing, good traction and comfortable fit.
We'll see!!!

3 comments:

  1. Fancy! You have to wonder what horses thing about having those metal things nailed to their feet all the time.

    Looking forward to seeing the piece you have for me whenever you can get it here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard anything about them! There are several issues with desert riding...you will just have to see how he does. I do not know anyone down here who rides completely barefoot with boots...Lady of course only has front shoes...but we have had several issues this winter and the ferrier mentioned it could be coming from the back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I figure it's a possibility that he made need to be shod down there, but I'm just stubborn enough to give it a try. It will all be a learning process with him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bronco Betsy

Bronco Betsy



Powered By Blogger