Monday, September 19, 2011

Next Horse Camping property?

We went up to the "camping property" to do our annual "work party."  We hadn't been up there in a LONG time, so my daughter and I were worried about what we'd find.
Fortunately, we took the riding lawn mower.  We knew we'd have to go cut branches, weed eat all over the place, cut down stickers and clear all the ATV trails from those nasty stinging nettles, but we weren't prepared to see THIS much grass had grown!    This picture shows part of it, AFTER I mowed a few strips.
My grandaughter was knee deep in grass!
So...while I mowed grass, our daughter took the 4 wheeler and pulled out fallen (small) trees, and clipped branches.


Her boyfriend began weed eating the tall weeds, and cutting up the small trees.  We stacked wood forever!  Then I began helping with the weed eating.  Did you know that thing makes ones arms go numb???
We did take a break and go get THE BEST burgers from the Scale burger joint!

This work was all SOOOO worth it.  The place looked beautiful when we were done.




What do you think?  I know my cousins and I have talked about building some corrals up there so we can camp and go ride the Elbe hills.

I'm thinking that would be a great idea!

I have to say, this was one HARD clean up day!

 Whew!...

5 comments:

  1. I think it would be so much fun to have our very own spot! Love you,jnt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okie-Skyler and i would love to camp there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!! The site looks just great now! I' thinking maybe a small 10 room cabin would be nice there too ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desert Rose: You build it and they will come...hee hee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bronco Betsy

Bronco Betsy



Powered By Blogger