Friday, April 15, 2011

I can't wait!!


One thing I have a problem with every winter is I MISS MY GRANDKIDS!  And I know they miss me too.  They are always asking what I'm up to, asking when we are coming home, and saying they WISH they could come down here and swim in the pool, have nice weather and spend time with me!  We have 4 grandkids and we wish they could ALL come down, but these two, Brooklyn and Connor, are going to see that wish this year.My DH (Darling Hubby)  said this year, we would bring them down over their spring break!  YEAH!  
But, the BEST part is....They don't know they are coming!!!  I soooo wish I could be a fly on the wall when their mom wakes them (at 3:00 a.m) and gives them a present.  Inside they will find a swimsuit.  She is then going to explain they need to get dressed, cuz they are all getting on a plane and flying down to spend a week with their gramma Betsy and Papa Mel!
These littles have had a rough year and things are now beginning to look up for them.  We are going to be staying with them (in our MH next to their house) for the summer, just to help out with them AND with my DH's mom who is in poor health and lives only 50 yds. away.

What am I doing to get ready?  What else????  I'm baking!
 Desert Rose?  Skip this part, cuz I know you like these!  LOL
 I made Carrot cake cupcakes with white chocolate, cream cheese icing.  (These were a big hit at Pony Girls Birthday party Desert Rose hosted last week.) 
This icing is one of the tastiest I make.
So, I load my plastic cone with icing....
Place it inside my pastry bag....
Check to make sure it's coming out right....

And start piping away!  Remember, I'm baking in a MH oven....these puffed up a bit much and stuck together at the sides, so I had to trim them up.  (That's why they look rough on edges.)  BUT, that's ok, that will be hidden by all the icing I'm putting on! LOL


Top with a few walnuts and that's it!  :-)



So, now we are heading off to stock these into the kids' condo they will be staying in.  Think they'll be happy when they see we put a few breakfast items and these in their place?

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! Can you post that frosting recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Pam, It's 1 block of cream cheese (softened)., 2 oz. melted white chocolate, 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/4 tsp. orange extract., 4 cups powdered sugar, 2 Tbs. heavy cream.
    DIRECTIONS:
    1. Melt white chocolate in micro (at 15 sec. intervals) till almost melted. Stir to finish. Let cool. (Should be shiny once stirred)
    2. Blend cream cheese and butter together till smooth and fluffy.
    3. Add vanilla and orange extract
    4. Add melted chocolate
    5. Slowly add Powdered sugar
    6. Add cream. (sometimes I dont use all of the cream if not needed)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Those look good! Rotten, lucky, cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm...I did not see mine when I got home tonight...did you leave them at the front door???
    Excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tried too, but couldn't get in to Fort Knox....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bronco Betsy

Bronco Betsy



Powered By Blogger