Sunday, January 24, 2010

Country Attitudes....

When you're from the country ~ you look at things a


little differently...






A Montana rancher got in his pickup and drove to a neighboring ranch and

knocked at the door. A young boy, about 9, opened the door "Is your Dad

home?" the rancher asked.


"No sir, he isn't," the boy replied. "He went into town."

"Well," said the rancher, "Is your Mother here?"

"No sir, she's not here either. She went into town with Dad."

"How about your brother, Howard? Is he here?"

"No sir, He went with Mom and Dad."

The rancher stood there for a few minutes, shifting

from one foot to the other and mumbling to himself.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" the boy asked politely. "I know where

all the tools are, if you want to borrow one. Or maybe I could take a

message for Dad."

"Well," said the rancher uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to your Dad.

It's about your brother Howard getting my daughter, Suzie, pregnant."'

The boy considered for a moment. "You would have to talk to Pa about that,"

he finally conceded.. "If it helps you any, I know that Pa charges $500

for the bull and $50 for the hog, but I really don't know how much he

gets for Howard."











10 comments:

  1. That is cute! :) Love the old picture you have with it, thought that might be someone in your family, LOL! Your new header picture is nice too, what fun you all had together! I miss the desert! Not sure I'm going to make it this year....wishing I could go to Scottsdale with my sis, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL... good one. The Best Husband In The World and I are going to look at some acreage next weekend in the hopes of one day building our retirement "ranch"... a few chickens, a goat, a horse... wish me luck.. it's taken me years to convince him this is what we should do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, Good Cook, I am sending the wishes your way! It seems to be a good time to be buying now!
    Pony girl, I was thinking it would be cool if you could go with her too, what a fun place to hang out and take photos huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funeeeee! I thought the punch line was going to be that the Dad got the girl pregnant, shows how my mind works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am missing my PONY COUSIN BABY DOLL! Damn I can't believe you are not here! By the way...I may have solved your horse problem for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did my husband hit the lottery and not tell me? I know he was buying tickets....

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anyone has proven that she is ready for her own horse to love it is cousin B!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why thanks cowgirljlynn... :-) But,.... I think our plan is going to have to play out a while longer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bronco Betsy

Bronco Betsy



Powered By Blogger