Thursday, April 22, 2010

Swimming with horses

Some of you have already seen this because I had it on my camera and wasn't able to upload these for a while but YEAH!!! I've finally been able to get them uploaded thanks to my neice who is a whiz and showed me how to use youtube.com to upload videos that are too long for typical loading programs. Thanks Holly!

Anyway, this is a video of a WONDERFUL day my trainer, Jamie and I had (her birthday to be exact) We rode her horses down to the river (this was my first experience with bareback riding.) We trailered the horses to the park, unloaded them and rode them about an hour to this neat little area near the "Ocean to Ocean" Bridge. I was a bit nervous riding bareback, I had my helmet on the entire way. But, when we reached the river I just knew I was gonna get wet, so I stripped the extras off so i was prepared. LOL

She warned me "SkY" would want to go down and roll, so I was prepared to "bail off," but I really thought I could do it with more finesse than this!!!! Oh heavens, I really want a do over!This fat a-- is getting back into Yoga!

LOL We had a great day, Silly horses rolled in the sand, and everything. I can only load this one video here, but I will get some more loaded later. Hope you enjoy this one!





8 comments:

  1. what a great video. you certainly are bravet than I!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was cute! Why couldn't you do it again? :)
    Sky is really pretty. I was cracking up at how Jamie's horse kept throwing his head in the water like a Labrador retriever, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pony Girl, In the video, I just said that because I was being passive. He wasn't seeming "wild" about swimming, he just wanted to roll and play. And I was kind of worn out from getting him to do that. We had done alot more that you didn't see on the video, AND the water tries real hard to push you off his back, so my legs are squeezing real hard to stay on! :) Jamie could have gotten him to do it I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I think is really cute about this video? Look at Sky's mouth as he's running back up on shore! He looks like he's grinning ear to ear saying Whoo Hoo that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Video! When I was a teenager I had a horse named Santana. She was afraid of water, and would jump over the smallest puddles. One day after a long ride, I offered a drink in a small creek. She walked into the middle of the creek and laid down! I just simply stepped off of her! Thanks for bringing back that wonderful memory with this great video.
    you asked about google images. google.com top left hand corner WEB IMAGES VIDEOS click on images then search. Try repurposed doors and you'll see what I saw.
    have a great week.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to swim my horse when I was young. Although I will never do it again, had a bad experience and almost drowned! Glad you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I'm sure there are hazards with everything. Maybe you could share your experience so we can learn what NOT to do??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fascinating thing to learn!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bronco Betsy

Bronco Betsy



Powered By Blogger