Saturday, June 13, 2009

"Connors Buddy"

Betcha think I was talking about my grandson huh? Well, not "quite." We went to the horse races today. What a fun day! I was thrilled watching the jockeys and the horses interact. Didn't have much luck at first, but THEN I saw this horse named "Connors Buddy" and said "I'm betting on that one because its my grandsons name!" Of course everyone thought I was nuts, for basing my bet on that!!! Well, he started out slow, and then BAM she (female jockey) kicked it in, she laid down on him and away they went! Passed everyone, and WON by a head! It was so close and exciting!
I don't know HOW much I was screaming, people must've thought I'd bet $500.00. But, I did turn $2 into $24! Hee! Hee! Ok, it was really all about the thrill of watching him run and overtake so beautifully.

5 comments:

  1. How fun! And you won! I haven't been to a horse race in years. Love to watch them on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea for your HORSE!!! It won, that's all that counts! See you Monday late am for our ride!!!! Sissy CowgirlJLynn and I have got the King in good shape for your visit!!! What time will We see you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! Betting on a horse named after your grandson! But you know what? I'd do the same thing! Congrats on your win, even though it wasn't too much, but every little bit helps, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thrill of the WIN is more exciting than the money, isn't it. I react as do you. Chuckle!
    I'm a cheap thrill! TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is great, bet you wish you'd bet $500 eh? I used to pick them by name or color too, so I can totally relate! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bronco Betsy

Bronco Betsy



Powered By Blogger